Frequently asked questions & step-by-step how to's
On the Select Messages and Script Templates screens select the "Filter by Industry" button. From there you will be taken to a screen that shows specific industries and sub categories from within those industries. Deselect the categories you do not wish to see.
Most music on-hold players will play a standard .mp3 file. Go to the Message On-Hold tab and either create a new on-hold message production or select an existing production to download. When prompted, select "single file" output, and ".mp3" file type (defaults). Download the file to your computer and transfer it to your music on-hold player. The method of file transfer will vary from player to player. Most players use a standard USB thumb drive. Others may use an SD card or a direct connection method. Check your player manual or contact the manufacturer to determine which file transfer method works on your player.
Creating a new custom message on hold production for your business is easy and fun.
- To begin, log on to the portal and select the “Create Message On-Hold Productions” icon
- Select the Create New Production icon
- First, select the background music track or tracks that you would like to use in your production by opening up the “Music Category Files” in the left column and then selecting the music category
- From here you can preview the track and drag the desired track name(s) to the “Selected Music” playlist in the right column. You can also double-click a track to select it. You can change the order of the tracks by dragging them in this list and you can delete a track from the list by clicking on the “X” button, when you are finished select the “Next” button
- The next step is to choose your messages that you’d like to have in your production., We have an extensive library of professionally voiced messages in virtually every industry to choose from. You can filter these to see only messages from your industry by selecting the blue “Filter by Industry” button. From there you’ll be taken to a new screen where you can choose your industry and sub categories. When you are done, select next and you will return to the Select Messages screen.
- From the Message Folder column on the left, select your selected industry to see the available messages. In the Message Name column, you can click on the blue preview button to hear that message. If you’d like to use that message drag it into the Selected Messages column. Repeat this step until you have added all the messages you desired.
- If we have produced professionally read voice messages for you, or if you have recorded your own messages using the built in voice recorder, you will find these in your My Messages folder, just click the folder to expose the nested messages and drag them into the selected messages column.
- You can even hear a real time preview of your custom MOH production by selecting the Preview button.
- When you are done, select the Next button, this will popup a Save Message As window. Type in a name for your production. From here you have several options, save the production to download it later, select save and download to save the production and immediately download the mixed production to the download folder on your computer.
- If you are saving your production to be player on an On-Hold Plus player or another brand of on-premise message on-hold player, choose Output - Singe MOH and the file type -.mp3. If you are using the messages on a hosted VoIP system, select Output - Download Multiple and select the correct file type for your particular phone system. For a list of preferred file formats for your hosted VoIP phone system check with your provider or see our FAQs page.
Updating or modifying the music and messages in an MOH production that you’ve already created is easy! Here’s how:
- Select the MOH tab and then select the View Edit Existing icon.
- In the production folders column on the left select the My Productions folder to see any production that you’ve already created. To modify the music or messages in one of these productions select the blue Edit button. This will take you back to the same flow that you used to create the production. (in the demo click the select a new music track and select a new message and select save & download.
When you have completed assembling your message on-hold production and select next you get a Save Production As popup screen. Give you production a name and select Save and Download. The default is to download a single .mp3 file that you can use on most any message on-hold players. If you are going to use your production on a Hosted VoIP system, you will want to choose the output as Multiple Files, this will mix the music with each message individually. This is important because on many hosted systems it will start a message on-hold production from the beginning each time. Outputting and uploading multiple files will allow the system to choose a file randomly from the list each time a call is put on hold. This way, your callers aren't subject to hearing the same message every time their call is placed on hold.
If your producing a message on-hold production for an existing music on-hold player you’ll want to create your production and save and download it as a single .mp3 file. Copy this file to a flash drive or SD memory card and put it in your player and you’re done. Be sure to delete any other audio that you have on the flash drive or SD card so it only plays the file that you’re created.
When creating an MOH production for a hosted VoIP system or an IP PBX you need to determine which file format the system can use, many systems can use and .mp3 file, but many more require a .WAV file format that is either 8K mu-law or 8K a-law. Cloudstudio can save and download any of these file types. After you create your production, from the popup choose "Save & Download" and select the proper file type required for your system. Some system also allow you to upload multiple files and choose to play them randomly, this is a good feature since your customers won’t here the same message from the beginning each time.
We had created a resource document showing the most popular hosted VoIP systems, their file formats and how to links with instruction on how to upload your files to their systems.
|8X8||8K mu-law||Single||More Info|
|Ring Central||8K mu-law||Single||More Info|
|Intermedia||8K mu-law||Single||More Info|
|Nextiva||8K mu-law||Single||More Info|
|Vonage||.mp3||Multiple (supports random playback)||More Info|
Cloudstudio has a built in voice recorder that allows you to use your own voice to record messages and then save them to be used in your production. To use the voice recorder for a message on-hold production, select the Message On-Hold tab, select the Create New icon, select your background music, select next and select the Record Message button in the left column. This will bring up a voice recorder. Press the red button to begin recording and when you are finished push the red button again. You can preview your voice read by pressing the Play button, if you want to re-record press the red button again to begin recording. When you are satisfied, press the save button and name your voice read. You voice read will be saved to your My Messages folder where it can be used in your production immediately.
If you have an existing .mp3 music file that you have the rights to or an existing voice file that you would like to use in your message on hold production you can easily upload it for use to the Cloudstudio portal. To upload to the files go to the Message On-Hold tab and select the Create New Production icon in first window Choose Music you can upload any .mp3 music file by selecting the grey upload button at the top of the left Music Category Folders column. Music uploaded here will be stored in the My Music folder. To upload any .mp3 voice message, by selecting the grey upload button at the top of the left in the Message Folder. Messages uploaded here will be stored in the My Messages folder.
Cloudstudio includes hundreds of script templates for virtually any business and it a great way to get started with your custom messages. Here is how to customize a voice template.
- From the home screen select the Order Custom Messages icon
- On the next screen select the Create New From Template icon
- On the next screen in the left column, click to open up the Script Folder that pertains to your business. Click on the Sub Category folders to view the script names. Click on the Script Name to view the text associated with that script template (Note: You can filter these to see only scripts from your industry by selecting the blue “Filter by Industry” button. From there you’ll be taken to a new screen where you can choose your industry and sub categories. When you are done, select next and you will return to the Script Template page)
- When you find the script you’d like to edit, select the Customize button.
- On the next screen, in the MOH Script area you can add your business name by clicking on the yellow boxes. You can click in and edit any of the text in the text editor.
- When you are done editing click the Proofread button to listen to your script. If the proofreader trips up on any word you should add it to the Unusual Word column on the right using the step below.
- To add phonetic spelling, double click on the word and select the Add Phonetic Spelling button, this will add the word to the Unusual Word column. Click in the Phonetic Spelling column next to the word to add the phonetic spelling. It is important to add any unusual words as the voice actor will read the script exactly as submitted.
- Next select the voice actor that you like to use from the left column. You can preview the voice actor by pressing on the play button next to their name.
- When our finished, select the Add to Cart Button
- This will popup a Save Script Name screen. Enter your script name and select Save.
- You can create additional scripts by clicking on the Create New MOH script button.
- To submit your scripts, select the green Submit Order button.
- Your scripts will be read by your selected voice actor and will be available to use on your Message On-Hold production in 3 to 5 working days. You will find the uploaded message in your My Messages folder when you go to create a new production.
What to update an existing script that you have already saved? It’s simple here’s how:
- Click the Custom MOH Scripts Tab
- Select the Create/Edit Existing Script icon
- In the Script Folds column on the left, select the My Scripts folder
- From the list, find the script name that you’d like edit and then select the View Edit button
- From here you can edit and save your new script